***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi Rusty,

My student Michelle Ibanez is doing work in this area. She captures online adult service advertisements (e.g., postings on Backpage Hawaii during the Pro Bowl, a high activity period); uses indicators to filter voluntary from involuntary (or minor) providers; and uses phone numbers to find postings where these providers offer services in other locations. She then uses ORA to identify trafficking circuits based on the appearance of the same phone number.

We have a paper under review for Hawaii International Conference on the System Sciences: "Detection of domestic human trafficking indicators and movement trends using content available on open Internet sources"; decision due in a few days, and perhaps we could share a draft after that.

This is work preliminary to her dissertation proposal, and there are several directions for analysis we are discussing. We'd also like to hear about other work in this area.

Dan Suthers