I found a calling Willow Flycatcher yesterday on August 21st.  It was
seen at the Annex area south of Lucky Hammock, also know as the Frog
Pond WEA.  The bird was found at the first speed bump after you pass the
yellow electric gate.  It was mostly on the left side of the road but
flew to the right side a couple of times.  There were at least two
calling Alder Flycatchers in this area giving their "PIP" call.  The
Willow Flycatcher has what I call a "WHIT" call. The Willow Flycatcher
is molting so it is very ratty looking.

The Annex area is south of the main road going into Everglades National
Park south of 9336, directions can be found here:
http://www.tropicalaudubon.org/locations.html#lucky

There was also a flock of 20-Black-bellied Whistling Ducks that flew
by.  On the south side of 9336 just west of s.w. 217 ave were three
Upland Sandpipers in the plowed field.

A photo and a sound recording can be found here:
http://www.southfloridabirding.com/html/recent_rarities..htm

Larry Manfredi
Homestead, FL
E-mail: [log in to unmask]