As a final note to the swallows at Tomoka, I believe it would be safe to say a million passed by over a period of about 40 minutes.  They were splitting to go around me as well as passing overhead.  Personally, I have never seen this many in succession before...and there was plenty for them to eat with the no-see-ums and mosquitoes!

Meret S Wilson, Bird Bander
Tomoka Basin State Parks
TBBS
Ormond Beach, FL