Hey everyone,

I birded Mead Garden for a couple hours at mid-day.  I arrived just after 11 AM.  When I first arrived the heat and humidity was really keeping the birds down.  However, after about 30 minutes, the clouds rolled in and the breeze picked up a tiny bit, just enough to re-energize the birds into foraging.  As usual this time of year, I was hoping for a Cerulean, but no luck!  I did have a few other, more-expected migrants, however:

Black Vulture
Cooper's Hawk
Red-Shouldered Hawk
Mourning Dove
Barred Owl (1)
Red-Bellied Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
White-Eyed Vireo (1)
Red-Eyed Vireo (3)
Blue Jay
Fish Crow
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher
Northern Mockingbird
Brown Thrasher (3 - a pretty good count for Mead!)
Northern Waterthrush (heard only)
Black-and-White Warbler (1 handsome male)
American Redstart (4: 2 males, 2 females)
Northern Parula (4)
Prairie Warbler (1 male)
Northern Cardinal

Mead Garden is located near the intersection of US-17/92 (Orlando Ave.) and Orange Ave. in Winter Park, north-central Orange County.

Good birding,

John Thomton
Orlando, FL (Orange Co.)