Hello Group members,

Which network parameters (apart from density, degree, and clustering
coefficient)
should one compare when investigating longitudinal patterns in a network
(e.g., in a co-authorship network of researchers in a scientific domain
captured at a fix 10 years intervals)? We are interested more to see how
the co-authorship network is evolving over time e.g., is the network
becoming more/less efficient and/or effective? We are interested
in capturing and comparing any parameters that can shed light on
the evolution of the network (e.g., using UNINET or Pajek).

One another relevant question may be what should one consider when deciding
on partitioning the network data into fix intervals? Lets say we have
longitudinal co-authorship data from 1970 to 2012, how should we partition
this data to best capture the network evaluation?

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thank you,

--

Khan, Gohar Feroz (PhD)
Assistant Professor

Director Center for Social Technologies<http://sminsight.wordpress.com/about-2/>
Associate Editor Journal of Contemporary Eastern Asia
<http://eastasia.yu.ac.kr/>
I blog here <http://gfkhan.wordpress.com/dr-khan/>