I would look at the following:

Betweenness centralization to determine if an elite few nodes is dominating
the network more or less.  You can also look at other centralization
measures.

Fragmentation coefficient is a measure of network fragility.

Triad count or simmellian ties can investigate structural changes.

If your network is directed Hub or Authority centralization may be
interesting especially in citation networks.  You could also look at
changes in reciprocal ties as both a percentage and total amount.

If you have a meta network (more than just people to people) there are many
additional measures such as specialization, cognitive demand, etc.

Regards,

Ian McCulloh, Ph.D.
Curtin University Business School