From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Simone Gabbriellini
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Fwd: viral marketing

Hello everybody,

I have just stumbled upon this paper: "A Scalable Heuristic for Viral Marketing Under the Tipping Model" by Paulo Shakarian, Sean Eyre and Damon Paulo.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1309.2963

I am just curious to see if someone has any comment on how to interpret the (journalistic) claim "Military Scientists Solve the Fundamental Problem of Viral Marketing"?

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/519361/us-military-scientists-solve-the-fundamental-problem-of-viral-marketing/

All the best,
Simone

--