I would suggest using the original paper by Freeman:

Freeman, L. C. (1979). Centrality in social networks: Conceptual
clarification. /Social Networks/, /1/(3), 215--239.

The examples are easy and the article provides a good discussion about
why these are the "intuitive concepts of centrality".

Best,
Jürgen Pfeffer

On 9/25/2013 1:06 PM, Schwartz, Daniel (MCSCS) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to demonstrate Betweenness and Closeness
> Centrality with a very simple example where I show how these measures
> can be manually calculated. Would anyone have anything like this
> already worked up that they could share?
>
> Regards. Daniel

Juergen Pfeffer, Assistant Research Professor
School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, USA
www.pfeffer.at