Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 09:50:15 -0600
From: Hilary Skolnik <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [Visitors-speakers] Santa Fe Institute Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship

[apologies for any cross-postings]

The Santa Fe Institute's Omidyar Postdoctoral Fellowship is an extraordinary opportunity for young scientists.  Our application window is now open, and the deadline is October 25th.  Please pass the attached announcement to any candidates you can think of: current or recent Ph.D. students, others in your and your colleagues' research groups, and so on.  I would be especially grateful if you can take some extra time to think of candidates who are women or underrepresented minorities.

In addition, it would be great if you can take the attached flyer and post it in your department, and pass it on to your collaborators and colleagues.

I am happy to answer any questions you or any potential candidates might have.  Send me the best applicants you can find!

Best,

Cristopher Moore
Professor, Santa Fe Institute

  	To whom it may concern,

I am writing to let you know about the Santa Fe Institute's Omidyar Fellowship  an interdisciplinary postdoctoral fellowship with an extraordinary amount of freedom and autonomy.

As you already know, the Santa Fe Institute's research spans the growing field of complex systems.  This includes:
scaling and growth in cities
social, biological, and technological networks
phase transitions in search and optimization
quantum computing and computational complexity
major transitions in evolution, and the origin of life
We have postdocs, faculty, and visitors in fields ranging from Computer Science, Economics, and Physics to Biology, Ecology, and Anthropology.  If you come here, your own interests will add to this ever-changing mix.

In addition to a competitive salary, Omidyar Fellows receive discretionary research funds for travel, visitors, and other research costs.  The Fellowship lasts up to three years, and past Fellows have an excellent track record of obtaining faculty positions at top-tier institutions.

The window for applications is now open and closes on October 25th.

You can learn more at : www.santafe.edu/ofellowship
and/or by emailing [log in to unmask]

Thank you,

Cristopher Moore
Professor, Santa Fe Institute

Donate      Questions 505 946 2726      Privacy Policy      Unsubscribe