Hello Socnet,

I am hoping that someone can advise me on how to merge nodes in UCINET. I
have a network of environmental organizations that work together for
various environmental restoration goals. My unit was the organization, so
when conducting my network survey I contacted each organization and asked
to be put in contact with someone who could represent the organizationís
work. For several organizations (usually larger ones) I was told that I
should speak to two (or in a few cases three) people. So I now need to
merge these responses. How can I merge egos in UCINET? I have a staked
data-set with 7 tie attributes (different restoration goals, frequency of
interaction, plus some other metrics). Do I have to run a merge function
for each attribute (e.g. restoration goal and frequency of interaction) or
can this all be done as batch? Is it possible to specify the merge based on
the mean, min, and max of a valued tie (basically so I can see how merging
the data affects the analysis outcome)? If I have 10 pairs of 2 nodes to
merge, and 2 pairs of 3 nodes to merge, can I merge these pairs in one
step, or would I need to do the merge function 12 different times, once for
each pair?

Any help or advice would be great.

Thank you
Jesse