G.F.,

I am working on a similar project, winners of one of Japan's largest advertising contests, sampled at five year intervals. May I ask if you have attribute data with which to differentiate journals or subfields? If so, you can learn a lot by using partitions to slice and dice the data and track changes over time.

I am, by the way, currently working on a project I call The Little Book of Pajek, in which I am using my own research as a case study to show how relatively simple tricks and recipes and be used to extract information from 2-mode networks using crude, simple, but highly effective techniques. Please contact me off list if you would like to learn more.

John