Hi SOCNET,

I was hoping you could direct me to SNA studies that consider individual academic journals.

I’m currently focused on citation and co-author networks within a single academic journal (the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management) and how SNA could be used to reveal citation or collaborative patterns in a manner that is additional to summary statistics.

I understand that considering multiple journals might be beneficial, but I have limited resources for this project and would like to start with considering the journals, cites, references and authors of this one journal.

Any related studies you could point me to would be much appreciated. I’d like to review methods of other researchers to reference, replicate and / or improve upon in my analysis of JEEM.

Thank you,

Clayton Munnings

Resources for the Future
Office: 202-328-5177