The current stalled weather system over NE Florida is producing one of the
best, neo-tropical, migrations in decades. Late yesterday we visited the
city's south  Greenway and found an abundance of Ovenbirds, Am. Redstarts
and Common Yellowthroats along with several thrush species, N. Waterthrush,
and mixed warbler species high in the tree canopies. Highlight was  a male
golden-wing foraging in the leaf crown. We've never sighted as many
ovenbirds or redstarts here in the fall. Skies were heavily overcast with
light drizzle and the dense woods were gloomy, but this kept the ground
foragers close. Given last night's rains, we might anticipate many birds
remaining in the region. For those that can, get out to your favored sights
and enjoy the show while it last.

Pat and Doris Leary, Fernandina Beach, FL