On my way to work this morning, 9/25, I stopped to look over a newly arrived group of Brown-headed Cowbirds. Among the group was a male Shiny Cowbird. As far as I know, this is the first record for Shiny Cowbird for Volusia County. If anyone knows of earlier records, please let me know.

Yesterday afternoon on my way home from work I stopped off at Lighthouse Point Park and the Brown Booby was again on a channel marker. This time it was on the next buoy farther out, but still off of the north jetty of Ponce de Leon Inlet. I continued on and stopped at Central Park in Ormond Beach for a short while. I did find a Veery and some warbler activity with 13 species including:

Tennessee Warbler
Orange-crowned W.
Northern Parula
Chestnut-sided W.