On Saturday September 14 on Bio Lab Road this bird was pointed out to me by birders looking for the Baird's Sandpiper. From the picture you can see this sandpiper is in bad shape with a badly infected foot (possibly already gangrene). Today I was informed that the bird was banded out of Country, and the banders aren't caught up with the BBL information system as of yet. It was banded however in French Guiana I was told, and as soon as more information comes in I would be notified. Several people saw this bird.

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/9907608506

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.
Brevard