Banding  today turned out to be better than I had expected:  Swainson's Thrush, Ovenbird, Red-eyed Vireo, White-eyed
Vireo in same net at same time, 2 Common Yellowthroats and the prize of the day, an Eastern Wood Pewee!!!  A first
in several years.  Many Red-eyed Vireos were around

And, if that wasn't enough excitement-another HUGE Eastern Diamondback, 13 rattles this time.  I read that females are moving
right now because they are live laying their young at this time of year.  Lovely.  I believe they have always been around there but following the controlled burn in August they just are more visible with all the ground cover gone.  This one was not aggressive like the one on Sunday.  Eventually it turned away and when I came back to close nets it was gone.  Chuck Tague got some very good photos.  And he noticed that the eyes were cloudy so this one is most likely going into a molt.

The marsh wasn't very active but several migrating Osprey passed over.  2 Peregrine Falcons went screaming above the trees just over the net lanes.  One was chasing the other.  Very cool.  A couple of Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs went over, and a whole bunch of Barn Swallows.  Didn't get to spend much time watching with the nets busy.  I did notice the juvenile Bald Eagle is back and that brought a few squawks out of the adults.

Meret

Meret S Wilson
Ormond Beach, FL
TBBS, Tomoka State Park