Dear Social Network Researchers,

This is a reminder that we are organizing a special issue of the The Journals of Gerontology: Social Sciences dedicated to the topic of social networks and aging and later life, and we would love to receive papers from the SOCNET community. The deadline for submission is November 1.

We are interested in research that pushes network-oriented research on age and the life course in new directions. Most of you do not study older adults. But if you address social networks and include factors like age or later-life transitions (e.g., retirement, bereavement, health decline) in your work, you should think about submitting. We are interested in what you have to say about what social gerontologists should studying. The JGSS reaches a large audience, and this is already shaping up to be an exciting issue.

For more information about submitting papers, see: http://www.geron.org/Publications/The%20Journal%20of%20Gerontology:%20Social%20Sciences

Best,
Ben Cornwell

--