Dear Clayton,

You may find relevant:

Loet Leydesdorff and Robert L. Goldstone, Interdisciplinarity at the Journal
and Specialty Level: The changing knowledge bases of the journal
<http://arxiv.org/abs/1212.0823> Cognitive Science, Journal of the American
Society for Information Science and Technology (in press).

Rob Goldstone and Loet Leydesdorff, The Import and Export of
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/cognsci06/index.htm> Cognitive Science,
Cognitive Science 30(6) (2006), 983-993. <pdf-version
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/cognsci06/cognsci06.pdf> >

Loet Leydesdorff, Thomas Schank, Andrea Scharnhorst, & Wouter De Nooy,
Animating the development of
<http://www.elprofesionaldelainformacion.com/contenidos/2008/noviembre/04.pd
f> Social Networks over time using a dynamic extension of multidimensional
scaling. El Profesional de la Información 17(6) (2008) 611-626.

Best,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor, SPRU,  <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/> University of
Sussex; Visiting Professor, ISTIC,
<http://www.istic.ac.cn/Eng/brief_en.html> Beijing;