Dear Clayton,

You may find relevant:

Loet Leydesdorff and Robert L. Goldstone, Interdisciplinarity at the Journal and Specialty Level: The changing knowledge bases of the journal Cognitive Science, Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (in press).

Rob Goldstone and Loet Leydesdorff, The Import and Export of Cognitive Science, Cognitive Science 30(6) (2006), 983-993. <pdf-version>

Loet Leydesdorff, Thomas Schank, Andrea Scharnhorst, & Wouter De Nooy, Animating the development of Social Networks over time using a dynamic extension of multidimensional scaling. El Profesional de la Información 17(6) (2008) 611-626.

Best,

Loet

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
[log in to unmask] ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor, SPRU, University of Sussex; Visiting Professor, ISTIC, Beijing;
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en