Dear Socnetters,

Swinburne Business School in Melbourne, Australia is making a significant number of new appointments as a result of Swinburne University’s planned investment in this area – see the full list below. These positions are right across the academic spectrum, from Lecturer to Professor, and I encourage you to consider applying for a position as applicants with expertise in social networks will be looked upon very favourably.

Swinburne University of Technology is one of two nodes of the MelNet Social Network Group, the other node of course based at the University of Melbourne at which Prof Pip Pattison, Prof Garry Robins, Dr Peng Wang and many other network researchers reside (www.sna.unimelb.edu.au). From the sheer number of positions put forward, this represents a great opportunity to get a range of people with network expertise in the same space, building SNA knowledge at Swinburne but also in Melbourne more generally, with our colleagues at the University of Melbourne who are just down the road.

Swinburne Business School is very keen to build network expertise. Professor Michael Gilding, the Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business and Enterprise, has a number of research projects and at the core of the majority of these is SNA. Additionally, I (Dean Lusher) will take up an appointment in the Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Swinburne Business School from 1 Jan 2014 as well, which is further evidence that network folk are welcome.

SWINBURNE BUSINESS SCHOOL - ADVERTISED POSITIONS

·         Lecturer in Accounting – Level B/A

·         Lecturer in Law – Level B/A

·         Lecturer in Human Resource Management or Organisation Studies – Level B/A

·         Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Management – Level C/B

·         Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Innovation & Entrepreneurship – Level C/B

·         Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Logistics & Supply Chain Management – Level C/B

·         Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Marketing – Level C/B

·         Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management or Organisation Studies – Level C

·         Professor or Associate Professor in Accounting – Level E/D

·         Professor or Associate Professor in Economics – Level E/D

·         Professor or Associate Professor in Human Resource Management or Organisation Studies – Level E/D

·         Professor or Associate Professor in Innovation & Entrepreneurship – Level E/D

·         Professor or Associate Professor in Marketing – Level E/D

For specific position descriptions and selection criteria, please visit www.swinburne.edu.au/jobs

Applications close:

Levels B/A – 1 November 2013

Levels C/B – 8 November 2013

Levels E/D – 15 November 2013

Finally, I note that Melbourne is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most liveable cities, so it’s not a bad place to live:

https://www.eiu.com/public/topical_report.aspx?campaignid=Liveability2012

It would be fantastic to have more network researchers here at Swinburne University of Technology. I strongly encourage you to apply.

Cheers

Dean

Dr Dean Lusher

Lecturer in Sociology

Swinburne Institute for Social Research | Faculty of Life and Social Sciences

Swinburne University of Technology

Mail Number: H98

400 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia

T: +61 3 9214 8687  F: +61 3 9214 5230

E: [log in to unmask]

W: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/lss/staff/view.php?who=dlusher

Check out our new book on ERGMs: Lusher, D., Koskinen, J., & Robins, G. (2013). Exponential random graph models for social networks: Theory, methods and applications. New York: Cambridge University Press. http://www.cambridge.org/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=9780521141383

Buy the book here: http://www.cambridge.org/knowledge/discountpromotion?code=Lusher12