Lt. Talbot Island, Duval Co.  Yesterday's passing front with minimal rain
saw little action with empty woods. However, this morning witnessed the damn
break with large nos. of diurnal migrants passing south, in and under, low
clouds racing on brisk north winds.  Ospreys, bald eagles and peregrines
passed in good nos. with smaller nos. of Merlin and Am. Kestrel. Flocks of
Great Blues and DC cormorants joined the parade. Squadrons of osprey
gathered over Ft. George Inlet to fish and risk pirating by the many eagles.
I suspect we observed a fraction of the birds aloft with most passing over
undetected due to concealment in the low ceiling and light mist.

At the wooded tip of Lt. Talbot (FGI bridge parking lot) we found a
concentration of mixed warblers gleaning insects from the wildflowers and
low shrub. Palm warblers predominated with good nos. of Am. Redstart and
lesser nos. of BT Blue, B&W, Prairie, Cape May, Yellow and N. Parula.   The
surging flood tide inundated most of the shorelines with shorebirds and
larids hard pressed to find secure roosting sites.

Pat and Doris Leary