Had just closed all nets and walking back to banding table when I noticed activity high in the oaks.  To make a long list short I found most of the birds people are reporting.  What were notable: 1 Nashville Warbler (for sure-had one overwinter in my yard for 77 days.  Have this ID down!), 1 Black-throated Green Warbler, 1 Yellow-throated Vireo, 1 Magnolia Warbler, 1 Cape May Warbler.

Had marsh excitement as well.  A peregrine decided it wanted our local kingfisher for lunch.  How that kingfisher managed to out maneuver a peregrine is beyond me but the kingfisher gets another day and the peregrine moved on.

As I lay in bed at 2 AM and heard thousands of birds flying over, I knew they weren't for me.  I live south and west of the park.  And sadly, for what I had hoped would be a great day fizzled at the nets.  Oh well.  Always another day (Sunday next open day).

Meret Wilson, Tomoka State Park
Ormond Beach,
Volusia County, FL
Sent from my iPhone