This morning at Central Winds I had the opportunity to witness an
eagle attacking an osprey in an attempt to relieve the osprey of its
fish. Even though it's not particularly rare, it was extremely
thrilling to watch.  I posted photos at.
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2013/10/bald-eagle-attacking-osprey.html

The last three days at Central Winds have been pretty good for
migrants.  Between the 4-5 birders that have been here since
Wednesday, I believe we've seen 15 Warblers, including Magnolia,
Chestnut-sided, Tennessee and Black-throated Green.  We've also had
House Wrens and Ruby-crowned Kinglets coming in, as well as Summer and
Scarlet Tanagers. On Wednesday, 2 Rose-breasted Grosbeaks were seen,
and there are many Indigo Buntings and a few Painted Buntings in the
grasses by the retention pond.  This morning was a little slower for
me, with only nine Warblers; the "best" was a male Black-throated
Blue.

Central Winds is just north of rte 434 and west of rte 417 in Winter
Springs, FL.

Happy birding,

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL