Hi all,

We returned to Ft. Pickens for the first time since the closing and were not
disappointed. The front that entered the area overnight brought an influx of
birds - 18 Neotropical passerine migrants in all, including 10 species of
warblers, the best being a Bay-breasted.

In addition, we saw three "good" species of  birds - 2 Scissor-tailed
Flycatchers, an Ash-throated Flycatcher (photo) and a first yr male
Black-headed Grosbeak (Lucy).

Surprisingly, few winter visitors were seen, only one sparrow, a
White-crowned. Another front is due this weekend and hopes are high.

Bob & Lucy Duncan

Gulf Breeze in the w. Panhandle