Dear Colleagues – the message below will be sent tomorrow, November 19, to the Graduate Student listserv. Regards, Karen Bradley
***********INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********
November 19, 2013
To: Fall 2013 Degree Candidates
Cc: Graduate Coordinators, Graduate Staff
RE: The deadline for submitting Final Examination Data in GIMS is Monday, December 2, 2013, by 5:00 p.m.
In accordance with Graduate Council policy, all graduate degree programs require a final culminating experience.
For some degree candidates, this is the final defense of your thesis or dissertation. For others, this may be the completion of a project, a capstone course, a traditional examination, or other mechanism determined by your academic unit.
Regardless of the format, all degree candidates must satisfy this milestone.
Graduating students are responsible for verifying final examination data in GIMS (Graduate Information Management System).
Not all programs use the term “Final Examination”, so check with your academic unit as to how/when this information gets submitted to GIMS.
1. Log in to ISIS: http://www.isis.ufl.edu
2. Select **Grad Student Info** from the "My Resources" menu on the right
3. Select **Grad School Info Systems (GIMS) ** from the menu on the right
4. Log in to GIMS by clicking on the "Continue to Gatorlink authentication" link and using your Gatorlink ID and password.
5. Find/select the degree program for which you have applied to graduate this semester
6. Scroll down to the "Final Exam" field; make sure the date (mm/dd/yyyy) is in the Final Exam Field. To be valid, the date must fall within the Summer 2013 or Fall 2013 term. (If your dates are not in this range, contact your Academic unit/Department for assistance.)
7. If your final exam will take place between now and December 2, 2013, it is vital that the data is entered before 5:00 p.m. on December 2, 2013.
IF THE FINAL EXAM DATE IS MISSING, INCORRECT OR OUTSIDE THE DATE RANGE, CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC UNIT/DEPARTMENT FOR ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
If you are not able to meet the Monday, December 2, 2013 deadline, please plan on enrolling and applying for a degree award in a future term.
UF Graduate Student Records
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: (352) 392-4643
Fax: (352) 846-2756
Information contained in this message is part of an educational record and is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974. This information is being shared with the addressee(s) because of a legitimate educational interest. Any re-disclosure of this information must be done in accordance with FERPA or with the student's consent. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify me by telephone or electronic mail.
Karen A. Bradley, DMD, MBA
Assistant Dean for Administration
The Graduate School
University of Florida
PO Box 115500
164 Grinter Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-5500