Dear Prof. Bastani

Congratulations on the founding of the Social Network Group of the Iranian
Sociological Association. I founded the International Network for Social
Network Analysis in 1976, with only 175 members. From the start, we have
been international, but the early members were only from North America,
Europe and Australia. Now we have more than 1,300 members from all
continents, and we have met for the first time in Asia.

I know that Iranians have strong interest in social network analysis.
Prof. Susan Bastani has done world-famous work, and I have much
correspondence with Iranians interested in the field. The essence of
social network is to avoid artificially-imposed boundaries, and I look
forward to more links being forged with Iranian scholars.

Good luck,

   Barry Wellman

   NetLab                        FRSC                      INSNA Founder
   Faculty of Information (iSchool)                 611 Bissell Building
   140 St. George St.    University of Toronto    Toronto Canada M5S 3G6
                  NSA/CSEC: Canadian and American citizen
   MIT Press            http://amzn.to/zXZg39      Print $20  Kindle $16
                  Old/NewCyberTimes http://bit.ly/c8N9V8