As far as dynamics, go, there seem to be stages through which social
settings may pass. In other words, there are contexts under which some
games/models will perform well, and others not, but there is also some
predictability as to the next set of constraints that might unfold. Douglas
Heckathorn published an excellent review "The Dynamics and Dilemmas of
Collective Action" in 1996 Am  Soc Rev. I used that premise in a paper
"Wealth-Based Trust and the Development of Collective Action"
concerning agricultural cooperatives (World Dev 2004). Best of luck, eric

--
Eric C Jones
UNCG Department of Anthropology