Apologies for cross-posting!

***CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE FEBRUARY 1***

"Political Networks: Unifying Theory and Computation"

http://polnet2014.cs.mcgill.ca

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Seventh Annual Political Networks Conference will be held May 28-31, 2014 at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec (Canada).

The study of political networks is emerging as a significant subfield within both political and network science. In domains as diverse as public policy, legislative collaboration, voting behavior and international relations, political analysis within the networks framework is advancing our understanding of the political world. In a parallel trend, researchers are frequently developing novel statistical, computational, and experimental approaches tailored to the unique theoretical questions arising in political network science. This conference aims to highlight advancements in our understanding of the political world as well as methodological innovations arising in the context of political networks research.

We are broadly interested in proposals that approach questions about politics, governance and public policy from the network scientific perspective. Submissions are encouraged from scholars in any related area, including, but not limited to, political science, sociology, economics, anthropology, psychology, business, statistics, computer science and information science.

Due to the success of the training sessions held in previous conferences, we will continue to provide two days of workshops covering introductory and advanced topics starting on May 28.

The full conference will kick off on May 29 with an opening reception and keynote address, with a full schedule of poster, panel and plenary presentations on May 30 and 31.

Details, including links to registration, links to accommodation (available at attractive rates until the end of April), and application for aid will be available athttp://polnet2014.cs.mcgill.ca.

Please submit your ideas for papers and panels, and plan to attend the 7th Annual Political Networks Conference.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Lorien Jasny (University of Maryland -- SESYNC)
Bruce Desmarais (University of Massachusetts Amherst)

IMPORTANT DATES

Feb 1, 2014: Deadline for paper and poster proposals.
March 15, 2014: Decisions announced
April 1, 2014: Acceptance deadline for presenters and discussants

--

Bruce A. Desmarais