Attached please find a flyer announcing a speaker who will be visiting our department for some research meetings this week. While he is here he will give a presentation in the department and the attached flyer has the topic and details, and I thought this might be something you would be interested in attending and potentially meeting with him too.

Professor Michael Hill. He has a background in grassland agronomy, but has been working with spatial information and remote sensing of land systems for the past 25 years. He has published widely on agronomy, ecology, biogeography and production of grasslands, and radar, multispectral and hyperspectral remote sensing of grasslands and savannas. His current interests are in application of quantitative information from multi-spectral, hyperspectral and multi-angle imaging to vegetation description, multi-criteria and decision frameworks for coupled human-environment systems, and methods and approaches to application of spatial data for land use management.

Remote Sensing Grasslands and Savannas: a Perspective from the North

Michael J. Hill

Professor, Earth System Science and Policy

University of North Dakota

3:00 pm Wednesday November 6th

Turlington 3012

Dr. Jane Southworth

Professor

Department of Geography

Land Use & Environmental Change Institute (LUECI)

Florida Climate Institute (FCI)

University of Florida

TUR 3141, Gainesville, FL 32611

Phone: 352 392-0494