Hello all,

This morning I drove out to the Lower Wekiva River Preserve, It rained for
much of the time I was out there, but as I was headed back to my car I came
across 6 Red-headed Woodpeckers.  They were all in about the same location.
 I've never seen so many in one place. There was a little break in the rain
after I saw my sixth, so I decided to walk the area again and recount. The
second pass through the area I saw 4 and heard 1 more. Other highlights
were:

Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Brown-headed Nuthatch
Eastern Bluebird
Common Yellowthroat
Palm Warbler (Western)
Palm Warbler (Yellow)  1
Pine Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Eastern Towhee

I posted rainy day photos at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2013/11/a-rainy-morning-at-lower-wekiva-river.html

Lower Wekiva River Preserve is east of I-4 and just north of rte 46 in what
I believe is Sanford, FL. The parking closest to the Red-headed Woopeckers
is at Katie's Landing on Wekiva Park Dr.

Happy birding,

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL