Today, 11/2, I found an immature Dickcissel at the Lake Woodruff NWR in DeLeon Springs, Volusia Co. This is only the second report of a Dickcissel from Volusia County that I am aware of and a first for me. This is also a milestone for me as my 350th species for Volusia County.

The bird was found in a weedy area along the main dike system around the 1st pond on the right as you enter the impoundments. If you go counterclockwise around this first impoundment until the last 90 degree left hand turn that leads to the tower, the bird was at this corner in the weedy area on the left.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL