From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Parker, Simon
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Data Request

Dear All,

I am a PhD student at the University of Essex, UK; I’m currently working on my thesis which investigates the role that friendship networks play in influencing youth offending. For this I will be using various data for secondary analysis.

I’m writing to ask if anyone has data or knows of studies that it might be possible for me to use in my work. I require panel data, with data regarding offending behaviour and information on friendship networks. Ideally I would like to be able to construct network maps from the study, and so would need peer nominations etc. I am finding it very difficult to locate studies which contain detailed peer information and thought maybe someone with more experience than I in the area may be able to help identify possible studies to use. Any advice on this would be most appreciated, I would be more than happy to submit a formal data request or send more information on my work if anyone has data that can be shared.

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas

Simon Parker

PhD Candidate
Department of Sociology