For the past 2 years I've been getting as much as 75 to 100 Chipping
Sparrows in my yard. With all these chippers I always look for a Clay-
colored mixed in. Today I found something unusual. It doesn't have the
head markings of a Chipping Sparrow. So naturally I thought it's probably a
Clay-colored. I've asked a couple of pros, and haven't really gotten
anywhere with it. Here are 3 pictures. Number 1) A Chipping Sparrow

www.flickr.com.photos/mudhen/218188789

Number 2) A Clay-colored Sparrow
www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/301770227

Number 3) Today's Unknown Sparrow
www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/112947896

  Normally if I don't see the line from the eye to the bill it's a Clay-colored.
Maybe it's a type of hybrid,

  I figured I'd give everybody a chance on this one since I haven't heard
from only one person.

Danny Bales

Titusville, Fla.

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen