Hello all,

I decided to spend my last morning of 2013 at Marl Bed Flats, hoping to add
something to my year list for Seminole Co. Shortly after arriving, I found
an American Avocet, and then two Long-billed Dowitchers landed right next
to the Avocet.  It was so great to get all three birds in the same frame!
Other shorebirds were Killdeer, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, a Dunlin,
Least Sandpipers, and many Wilson's Snipe. The usual suspects were also
here: lots of wading birds, House, Carolina and Sedge Wrens, Bonaparte's
Gull, Forster's and Caspian Terns, and a Sora. Marl Bed Flats is located on
Oak Way, just north of Lake Jesup and east of rte 417 in what Google Maps
calls Sanford, FL.

I posted photos of the Avocet and Dowitchers at
http://www.learnoutdoorphotography.com/2013/12/marl-bed-flats-12312013.html

Happy birding,

Scott Simmons
Winter Park, FL