ANNOUNCEMENT

Date:   July 11, 2014

To:       All UF Graduate Students

From:   UF Graduate Student Council (GSC)

RE:       UF GSC Seeking Volunteers for Fall Orientation and Next Meeting on Monday, July 14, at 4:30 pm in Williamson Hall, Room 265

The UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) is seeking volunteers for New Graduate Student Orientation on Monday, August 18, 2014, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., to make it as welcoming an experience as possible for new members of the graduate student body at UF. In this regard, we will be holding our second general meeting on Monday, July 14, at 4:30 pm in Williamson Hall, Room 265.

If you are interested in volunteering, you can volunteer by:

(1) Joining the Planning Committee to help plan the GSC Information Session and other sessions at Orientation: This committee will meet several times over the summer, will participate in tour guide training and be present at Orientation.

(2) Serving as a tour guide: Tour guides have to train one training session (date and time to be announced) and be present at Orientation. This is an integral role, as it is a main point of contact with new graduate students and involves orienting them to key sites on campus, as well as sharing one's experiences and impressions about being a graduate student at UF.

(3) Stuffing welcome bags: New graduate students receive welcome bags that contain materials about settling in as a graduate student at UF. We need helping hands to put them together, at work sessions whose date and time are to be announced.

(4) Staffing the GSC Table: We need volunteers to staff the GSC Table at Orientation and distribute welcome bags and other information during the event.

If you wish to volunteer or have any questions, please e-mail Arun Pokhrel, Orientation/Fundraising Chair of the UF Graduate Student Council, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thanks much! We look forward to your participation. Go Gators!