******************INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***********
April 1, 2014
To: Spring 2014 Degree Candidates
Cc: Graduate Coordinators, Graduate Staff
RE: The deadline for submitting Final Examination Data in GIMS is Wednesday, April 9, 2014, by 5:00 p.m.
In accordance with Graduate Council policy, all graduate degree programs require a final culminating experience milestone.
For some degree candidates, this is the final defense of your thesis or dissertation. For others, this may be the completion of a project, a capstone course, a traditional examination, or other mechanism determined by your academic unit.
Regardless of the format, all degree candidates must satisfy this milestone.
Graduating students are responsible for verifying final examination data in GIMS (Graduate Information Management System).
Not all programs use the term “Final Examination”, so check with your academic unit as to how/when this information gets submitted to GIMS.
1. Log in to ISIS: http://www.isis.ufl.edu
2. Select **Grad Student Info** from the "My Resources" menu on the right
3. Select **Grad School Info Systems (GIMS) ** from the menu on the right
4. Log in to GIMS by clicking on the "Continue to Gatorlink authentication" link and use your Gatorlink ID and password.
5. Find/select the degree program for which you have applied to graduate this semester
6. Scroll down to the "Final Exam" field; make sure the date (mm/dd/yyyy) is in the Final Exam Field. To be valid, the date must fall within the Fall 2013 or Spring 2014 term. (If your dates are not in this range, contact your Academic unit/Department for assistance.)
7. If your final exam will take place between now and April 9, 2014, it is vital that the data is entered before 5:00 p.m. on April 9, 2014.
IF THE FINAL EXAM DATE IS MISSING, INCORRECT OR OUTSIDE THE DATE RANGE, CONTACT YOUR ACADEMIC UNIT/DEPARTMENT FOR ASSISTANCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
If you are not able to meet the Wednesday, April 9, 2014 deadline, please plan on enrolling and applying for a degree award in a future term.
UF Graduate Student Records
PO Box 115500
Gainesville, FL 32611
Telephone: (352) 392-4643
Fax: (352) 846-2756