I am so sorry. Here is the link again. http://crossroadsoflearning.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ermak, Lorie
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ongoing professional development

I'm going to agree with Debbie's response that attending a conference provides LOTS of tutor training in a short space of time.  Here in the Mid-West, the Michigan Tutorial Association (MTA) is open to both tutors and directors, and lots of tutors always attend and even present sessions.  (One college brings a bus!)  The conference fee for tutors is low (between $5 - $20, including lunch) to encourage tutors to attend.  People outside of Michigan are always welcome.  It's a great way to provide professional development and training for your tutors and a chance for them to share ideas with other tutors as well.  Mine always say they learn a lot in one day.

So here's a shameless plug for the next two MTA conferences!  The big one is in the fall---Friday, Oct. 24, 2014 in Bay City, MI, but there is also one this spring at Jackson College in southern MI, Sat., March 22 for tutors, SI leaders & directors.  They are looking for presenters and especially encouraging STUDENT presenters. For more  info, check the MTA website at:
http://www.michigan-tutors.org/          (If the 3/22/14 conference isn't posted yet, it will be soon.)
or contact me to be put on the mailing list and join the MTA listserv.

Thanks, Debbie, for suggesting this type of tutor training!
Lorie

Lorie Ermak, Director of Tutoring
Timberwolf Learning Center
Northwood University