From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Juli Dunn [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Book Recommendation

We've been doing this for awhile, so you can see our previous selections here:
https://www.whitman.edu/academics/whitman-signature-programs/summer-read-program

Nominations for the 2018 book include:
The Value of Nothing: How to Reshape Market Society and Redefine Democracy
Patel, Raj

Choosing Civility: The Twenty-five Rules of Considerate Conduct
Forni, P.M.

The Plague of Doves
Erdrich, Louise

A Thousand Splendid Suns
Hosseini, Khaled

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Alexie, Sherman

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals
Pollan, Michael

The Undeserving Poor: America's Enduring Confrontation with Poverty: Fully Updated and Revised
Katz, Michael B.

Medicine in Translation: Journeys with My Patients
Ofri, Danielle

Half the Sky
Kristof, Nicholas D., Wudunn, Sheryl

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
Mukherjee, Siddhartha

**
Julia L Dunn
Director of Academic Resources
Memorial Bldg. 327
509.527.5213 (Work)
509.301.6824 (Cell)

"Our inevitable failures serve as the necessary foundation for our ultimate success."   -Dorothy Edwards