From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of TERRIE GODLEWSKI
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academic Skills Coaching Services-Utilization

We are seeking input from Academic Skills Coaches (or student centers offering similar type support) regarding utilization of services.
Our learning center academic coach offers time management, note taking, study and test preparation skills, among others, to assist with academic success.
We’ve worked to market these services by coordinating efforts with other departments such as advising and disability services as well as with faculty to obtain referrals. Still, we find our services underutilized by the students we are seeking to reach.
Can anyone share their experience with use of academic coaching services that could assist us in reaching our target student population?

Thank you.

Terrie Godlewski, Academic Skills Coach
Russell E. Horn Learning Center, EAB 106 Penn State Harrisburg
777 West Harrisburg Pike
Middletown, PA  17057
Phone: 717-948-6475