From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jered Wasburn-Moses
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Learning Style Online Test?

I think the fact that Marti refers to "learning preferences" rather than "learning styles" here is easily missed. I think it really depends what you're looking for, Rachel. You use the phrase "how ... students learn," but it's not entirely clear to me precisely what you mean by that.

As I have in the past, I strongly recommend the following reading: http://psi.sagepub.com/content/9/3/105.full. Even the (somewhat lengthy) abstract contains useful ideas about how to think about and approach this issue.

Jered Wasburn-Moses
Math Center Coordinator
Success Skills Coordinator
Learning Assistance Programs