From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clark, Eric A
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 6:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ongoing professional development

Most, if not all of us, subscribe to this listserv as a means of ongoing professional development, and we remain on the list because we have experienced the value of this group of professionals.

My question is this, are there similar resources for our peer tutors?  Does your center/department expect your peer educators to seek out professional development opportunities outside of the prescribed training modules you provide?  If you do, what are some of the roadblocks you encounter?  Other than sites like coursera, what resources are available to our peer educators?

Thank you for taking the time to field my questions.  Please let me know if this conversation is redundant so I can access the archives.

Be well friends!

Eric Clark
Director of the Center for Academic Success Eastern Nazarene College

Sent from my iPhone