Melissa,

Possibly the person at NCLCA may have been Anton Reece from UT Knoxville’s Student Success Center?

Also, you may want to review the article listed below from JDE in which “the authors present the cost/benefit of the tutoring intervention, demonstrating a surprisingly large return on the investment both to the college and society.”  The article provides an excellent ROI discussion based on results from the “enhanced Academic Success Center” at Seminole State College in Florida.

Gallard, A. J., Albritton, F., & Morgan, M. W. (2010). A comprehensive cost/benefit model: Developmental student success impact. Journal of Developmental Education, 34(1), 10-12,14,16,18,25. Retrieved from EBSCO Host

Collegially,

Alan Craig
Interim Director, GPC Learning & Tutoring Center
Past President, NCLCA
770-274-5242