From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Claude Fischer [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Fascinating paper on social capital and the Nazis

The work of Dylan Riley (2010: The Civic Foundations of Fascism in
Europe: Italy, Spain, and Romania 1870-1945; 2005: "Civic Associations
and Authoritarian Regimes in Inter-War Europe: Italy and Spain in
Comparative Perspective." American Sociological Review 70: 288-310) made
a similar argument.

CSF

On 1/21/2014 4:03 PM, James Fowler wrote:

> I had not seen this paper on the dark side of social capital before:
>
> Bowling for Fascism: Social Capital and the Rise of the Nazi Party in Weimar Germany, 1919-33
>
> http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2284907

> James H. Fowler
> Professor of Medical Genetics and Political Science
> University of California, San Diego
> http://fowler.ucsd.edu
>
> CONNECTED
> http://connectedthebook.com