The topic of "Nazi networking" was first well documented in 1965 by William Sheridan Allen in his book "The Nazi Seizure of Power".

Allen focuses on a micro level -- how the local societies/clubs were infiltrated and then "turned" in one particular small German town.

Valdis Krebs
http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com

On Jan 22, 2014, at 2:54 AM, Ezra W Zuckerman Sivan wrote:

> Claude:  You beat me to it.  I'm sure this new paper is great but this is well-trod territory.  I was going to point to that paper as well as the work of Jason Kaufman, in the US.  See http://www.amazon.com/For-Common-Good-American-Fraternity/.  (Another way to say it is that Klansmen had plenty of social capital).  Other work that comes to mind is by Scorsese, M. or De Copolla, F.  A lot of bonding social capital among the 5 Families….
> Ezra W. Zuckerman Sivan
> MIT Sloan School of Management
> E62-488
> Cambridge, MA 02142