Subject: Bar-Tailed Godwit [BTGO] & Marbled Godwit [MAGO] at Fred Howard Park
I was out at Fred Howard Park during the late morning of Tuesday, January 28th. I found the Bar-tailed Godwit. This was a new bird for my life list. It was accompanied by a single Marbled Godwit. I had lots of great views with the two species side-by-side for comparison.
There is quite a size difference between these two species of Godwits. The BTGO was quite a bit smaller than the MAGO. BTGO is a bit browner and lighter in coloration compared to the MAGO, which is rusty in coloration.
Other species present included Great Egret, Reddish Egret, Semipalmated Plover, American Oystercatcher, Sanderling, Ruddy Turnstone, Black Skimmer, Ring Billed Gull, Laughing Gull, Herring Gull, Caspian Tern, Royal tern, Black Skimmer.  The following contain the links to my bird photos
Reddish Egret • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200868056/
Semipalmated Plover • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200841866/
American Oystercatcher • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200497833/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200473553/
Bar-tailed Godwit • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200277375/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200276325/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200891236/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200520343/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200688514/
Marbled Godwit • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200900556/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200282595/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200887656/
Godwit species comparison • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200279965/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200521563/
Herring Gull • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200859096/
Caspian Tern • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200861526/
Sandwich Tern • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200667174/
Black Skimmer • 012814 • Fred Howard Park, Pinellas Co., FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/12200248675/
Equipment used:
Canon EOS 50D+EF100-400 mm IS USM • © David Laliberté
Happy birding!
David Laliberté
Clearwater, FL
Checkout my birdPIX at: