Hi all

Same appeared to me... but a bit problematic as 'B maculisparsa' is not supposed to be in the Indian Ocean. B. atra hybridizes too?

Cheers - Yves

-----Original message-----
From:Frank Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Sent:Sun 30-03-2014 17:59
Subject:Re: Bohadschia sp?
To:[log in to unmask];

Dear Chantal,

This looks like another example of whatSun, Alex and Gustav nominated as  a '...putative argus-vitiensis hybrid with vitiensis background colour and ocellar spots similar to argus'. This is in their 2013 paper in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society (Colour, confusion, and crossing: resolution of species problems in Bohadschia (Echinodermata: Holothuroidea).

Regards,

Frank