ANNOUNCEMENT - DEADLINE EXTENDED
Date: March 24, 2014
To: All UF Graduate Students, Coordinators and Staff
From: UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute
RE: Funding Op: 4/18/14- New deadline to Apply for CTSI TL1 Predoctoral Training Grants
UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute
Call for Applications – TL1 Predoctoral Training Grants
The UF Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) is now accepting applications for its TL1 Predoctoral Training Program, which provides Ph.D. students with one to two years of financial support and research training to develop the skills required to build a career in multidisciplinary clinical and translational research relevant to human health.
Predoctoral students entering their second or third year of graduate study in 2014-15 and who have not completed their doctoral candidacy exams are encouraged to apply.
The CTSI welcomes applicants from partner graduate programs spanning 11 UF colleges (listed below). Please see the TL1 webpage for additional eligibility criteria.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, April 18, 2014 (new extended deadline).
Up to three new TL1 Trainees will be named with an anticipated start date of August 16, 2014.
TL1 Trainees will receive the following grant support during the initial one-year funding period (August 16, 2014 - August 15, 2015; a second year of funding may be awarded on the basis of performance and progress, and dependent upon continued funding of this award through the UF CTSI):
· Annual stipend (current year level: $22,476), tuition waiver, and GatorGradCare health insurance via a Graduate Research Assistantship;
· $2,130 for lab and training-related expenses;
· $1,500 travel allowance to attend the annual National Predoctoral Clinical Research Training Program Meeting.
Applicants must assemble an application packet that includes a completed application form and supporting materials, including applicant statements; a research plan for the proposed project, which must have both clinical/ translational and basic science components; and supporting materials from two proposed mentors (one basic science mentor and one clinical/ translational science mentor).
Finalists will be interviewed by the TL1 Advisory Committee from May 12-13, 2014, and successful applicants will be notified by June 1, 2014.
· Application Deadline: 5 p.m. on Friday, April 18, 2014
· Eligibility, Program Requirements and Application Instructions: www.ctsi.ufl.edu/tl1
Contact for Questions
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the program with any questions at:
PARTNER GRADUATE PROGRAMS
· Agricultural & Life Sciences: Nutritional Sciences
· Dentistry: DMD-PhD Program
· Engineering: Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering
· Health & Human Performance: Applied Physiology & Kinesiology, Health Education & Behavior
· Journalism & Communications: Mass Communication
· Liberal Arts & Sciences: Chemistry
· Medicine: Interdisciplinary Program (IDP) in Biomedical Sciences (Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology & Microbiology, Molecular Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Physiology & Pharmacology), M.D./Ph.D. Program
· Nursing: Nursing Science
· Pharmacy: Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacodynamics, Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy, Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences
· Public Health & Health Professions: Clinical and Health Psychology, Rehabilitation Science
· Veterinary Medicine: Veterinary Medical Sciences
· Multi-College Programs: Epidemiology, Genetics & Genomics
Contact the CTSI