Hi Michelle,

ArcGIS is widely used in spatial analyses, but you probably can’t just overlay these datasets and you may need transform these data.  Also, ORA has a geospatial component and may get you what you want—it may be more user friendly. Do you have the city map layers? You will need to make sure that all of your data points are in the same datum and projection and these data are entered in a way that the software can recognize in ArcGIS.

Viewing your data points on a map is the first step, but all gets very exciting when you can actually run spatial analyses and integrate landscape-level information with your network data. For that, you need ArcGIS or some other spatial analysis software.  You can contact me if you want to discuss more.

—Tracy Van Holt

East Carolina University-Geography
Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences-Visiting Scientist