SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to
2 Research Associate Positions (Pre or Post-Doc Level) in the Field Of Social Computing at Austria's Competence Center for Knowledge Technologies @ TUG, Austria (http://know-center.tugraz.at/
Know-Center seeks two motivated and outstanding research associates in the area of "social computing" to develop and evaluate new recommender concepts or adaptive and personalization methods based on Social Semantic Web technologies.
* Completed University Diploma/Master's Degree or PhD in computer science, software development and economy, telematics or technical mathematics (mandatory)
* Prior knowledge in the areas of Social Semantic Web, recommender systems, social network analysis, machine learning, information retrieval (highly desirable).
* Experience with HTML5, MATLAB, Python, R, PHP (highly desirable)
* Team work and self-reliance (mandatory)
* Fluent English (mandatory)
Social Semantic Systems, Data Mining, User Profiling, Adaptation, Personalization, Recommender Systems, Machine Learning and HCI
Know-Center is an Austrian competence center for Knowledge Management and Knowledge Technologies. At our location in Graz, we have over 50 highly-qualified employees who perform research and development work under the motto "from data to intelligence." As a part of the network of more than 100 research facilities around the world, Know-Center has numerous publications in the leading professional media. Know-Center aims at increasing the proportion of women employees and urges qualified women to apply. Among candidates with the same qualifications, women will be given a priority.
* Young, creative team.
* Innovative tasks: we perform research and development at the interface between science and industry.
* Pleasant working atmosphere.
* Opportunities for professional and personal growth. Both technical and scientific career paths are possible.
* Compensation of 2,065 Euros and up, depending on your qualifications and experience (e.g., the type of university degree and length of work experience).
How to Apply:
We are looking forward to your application. Please email it to us together with relevant attachments at [log in to unmask]
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Christoph Trattner, Head of the Social Computing Research Group and Deputy Division Manager of the Knowledge Service Area @ Know-Center, Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 13/6, 8010 Graz, Austria, E-mail: [log in to unmask]
, Tel: +43 316 873 30840
, Homepage: http://christophtrattner.info