FYI

From: Sheridan, Nancy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 1:33 PM
To: Herrera, Joan; Mah, Christopher; [log in to unmask]; Lawrence, John; Paulay,Gustav
Cc: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; Fautin, Daphne G.
Subject: Florida sea cucumbers

Dear friends and colleagues,

Since I've either asked for your input or have relayed information to you about the commercial sea cucumber fishery in Florida, I thought I'd share the results of today's final public hearing before the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Our Division of Marine Fisheries Management (DMFM) staff presented a few commercial harvest limit options to the Commission for consideration (see presentation PDF, http://myfwc.com/media/2772999/11A2-SeaCucumbersPresentation.pdf), including their (DMFM's) recommendation for a commercial daily trip and vessel limit of 200 individual sea cucumbers (this includes all species found in both state and federal waters). The Commission approved the 200 daily trip and vessel limit, which will go into effect 1 June 2014.

Press Release:
FWC approves sea cucumber management changes
http://myfwc.com/news/news-releases/2014/april/16/sea-cucumber/

My sincerest thanks to those of you who provided input - your assistance was much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Nancy Sheridan
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
Fish and Wildlife Research Institute
100 8th Ave SE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
727-502-4725